My princesses

My photo
Sava Sara Brakada, AKA Xsara was born on 06-27-2004. She was raised in Kennel Brakada spending the first two months of her life on beautiful countryside Gorenjska (Slovenia) with her siblings and parents. As soon as she came to Ljubljana we started a puppy class, followed by an obedience class. She passed her B-bh exam with 96 points (instructor Agility EO winner Polona Bonač). We now continue with Rally-Obedience under Polona's supervision. Our biggest passion however is Agility. We started our first Agility class in October 2005 (club Agility Ilirija, instructor Silvia Trkman, two times agility world champion). When Silvia stopped teaching agility classes, we switched to Daša Zakotnik. We regularly participate in Agility trials in Slovenia and sometimes abroad. Xsara also loves to learn new dog tricks, you can see some of them in our videos. Her other passions include long walks, big meals and playing with dogs, specially her pyr shep sister Tani, her crazy agility pals and her sister Sena.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Forester's Valley

We were discovering the beauties of our country a little further yesterday. We went to Logarska dolina in Solčavsko. There was still some snow in the valley and a lot of it on the mountains. We could see some snowslides higher up. The weather was perfect all the way, so we really enjoyed roaming around the woods and streams. I was surprised to see how well Xsara behaved being in the woods off-leash. She was constantly paying attention to me and even when I saw that she scented a trail, her recall was absolutely perfect.

We went from the valley to waterfall Rinka. It was funny to see how many people drove there instead of walking, I just don't understand them. They don't know how much they have missed. But that was actually good news for us because we hardly met any people on the footpath - in fact, we only met one couple who gave up half-way to the waterfall and returned to the valley. So Xsara could remain off-leash for the entire time.

We decided we will go hiking somewhere higher for our next trip - this time we only had half-day off because I had to go to work afterwards. I already have so many ideas for the next weekend without trials - which will be in June, by the way :) Hopefully we will find a way to do it sooner. In the meantime, we will continue with little trips that can be equally fantastic.

Anyway, as a result, Xsara was happy and tired, so she just crawled in her bed (and transferred to my bed when the lights went off). We have agility and RO today but the weather-people say we will have storms in the afternoon so it's possible our classes could be cancelled. If that happens, we will have to find something else to do. Any ideas?

15 comments:

The Dog Man said...

Wow! Breath-taking scenery you have. Jan and I are so envious that you have mountains close to you. If we had that, we'd never be indoors! We have lots of fields, springs, and woodlands, but not a single mountain.

I absolutely love that photo with the waterfall and I'm going to run it through some filters to see if I can improve it a little. :)

Weather wise, we're in the same boat as you. It's been awful here lately, with almost constant rain and cold temperatures. It's almost depressing. We want to be out there! We're just using the time to teach her the "stand" command, which, until now, we've failed on. We learned a new way of teaching it, and now she seems to have grasped it.

Given that, we can now complete our Sue Ailsby Level 2 test.

Amber-Mae said...

Wow, bootiful place! I bet Xsara had a great time being off-leash the whole time. Too bad your class will need to be canceled if the weather goes bad but you could go for more hiking or practice learning new tricks. Hee!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

Hey Xsara, What a breath taking place and you get to off leash during the walk. You sleep cute!

Amber!!

Girasol said...

I enjoy walking without leash!!! You had a great time in that nice place...lucky you.

The Army of Four said...

WOWZERS! Great pictures! So beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us!
Oooh, and Xsara, you look SO comfy! Great pose! :)
Play bows,
Zim

Clover said...

Hi Xsara!
Great photos! Where you live is beautiful! Hope you had a fun time. :)
Love Clover xo

Lizzy said...

Oh, that place it beautiful! I must say, I'm quite jealous! I should drag my humans out there, too. You must have had a blast!

I love the last picture, you look totally pooped! I like your sleeping position, you look quite comfy.

I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog roll.

Hope you have a grrrrEAT day!

Sparky

William Tell said...

Recall? What's that? hee hee

That looks like a beautiful place for a hike. I can almost smell that fresh mountain air...

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Johann The Dog said...

I just love nature! Beautiful!

Woofs, Johann

Lorenza said...

Sure you went to a great place! Off leash?? What can I do to deserve that??
Nice picture of Xsara sleeping!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Urban Smoothie Read said...

what a great place for hiking with the beautiful sceneries...

i hope the weather will be alright for your agility...

Thor and Jack said...

That place is beautiful! Great pictures! So cool that you can walk off leash, Xsara! You're so cute sleeping!

Thor

FleasGang said...

Drop dead gorgeous! How cool it is for you to do a little hiking in the morning and still make it to work in the afternoon. Thank you for those lovely shots of scenery that we'll probably never get to see in person.

The FleasGang

Xsara and Tani said...

Yes, I have to admit it's great to be able to go hiking before work - makes sitting in the office a lot easier! And knowing that your dog had a nice day despite your work is also priceless.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, beautiful scenary. I'll be honest with you, as good as my beagle is in agility, I would never trust him off leash in the woods, especially in a strange environment. Xsara is exceptional, and you have done great work with her!