My princesses

My photo
Sava Sara Brakada, AKA Xsara was born on 06-27-2004. She was raised in Kennel Brakada spending the first two months of her life on beautiful countryside Gorenjska (Slovenia) with her siblings and parents. As soon as she came to Ljubljana we started a puppy class, followed by an obedience class. She passed her B-bh exam with 96 points (instructor Agility EO winner Polona Bonač). We now continue with Rally-Obedience under Polona's supervision. Our biggest passion however is Agility. We started our first Agility class in October 2005 (club Agility Ilirija, instructor Silvia Trkman, two times agility world champion). When Silvia stopped teaching agility classes, we switched to Daša Zakotnik. We regularly participate in Agility trials in Slovenia and sometimes abroad. Xsara also loves to learn new dog tricks, you can see some of them in our videos. Her other passions include long walks, big meals and playing with dogs, specially her pyr shep sister Tani, her crazy agility pals and her sister Sena.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Busy Like A Really Busy Bee

Seems like there's never a dull moment around here. We had another pretty eventful weekend, and I have photos to prove it! Let's start with Friday, when our beloved car had her service (of course my car is a "she"), leaving us immobile for the entire day. You can imagine how happy we were when a friend invited us to Šmarna gora, a small hill here in Ljubljana. Unfortunately our car wasn't done in time for our RO class, so we practiced some new tricks at home and went to bed early before the Saturday's trial.

The first trial for Eukanuba cup 2008 was in Gornja Radgona, about two hours from Ljubljana. There were many Hungarian and Austrian teams, since it's close(r) to the borders. Our first run was bad, but it was a clean run. In the second run, however, we got many faults. Since the courses were very difficult many teams were disqualified and we still finished on 2nd place, but that's no excuse for my poor handling. Xsara did great, and as soon as I start to trust her more, our trial performance will have a lot better chance.

I hope my ring nerves calm down by June, because I entered us into IABC (International All Breed's Cup), which will be held in Hungary. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but I think it will be a lot of fun. There will be great judges, many runs and many different breeds, so I'm already looking forward to it.

Most of our agility buddies went to a trial in Croatia on Sunday, so we rediscovered the joy of having to work on Sundays. Unable to attend the trial, we went hiking to the spring of Kamniška Bistrica. It would have been great to go to the trial, but this was a good substitute. Here are some of my favourite photos of this trip - you can click on a photo for better quality:





Thanks to Alja and Chappi for our photos from the trial! Alja also took this cute picture of Xsara on Saturday:

23 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

congratulation for your 2nd placing, xsara...

btw.. u seems like doing some rock climbing there...

Amber-Mae said...

Congrats to you! 2nd place is still better than 3rd place & nothing at all. Those are some great pictures!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Simona said...

oj, ej a mi pošleš slikce k je ben s Xsaro na šmarni. Prosim

The Army of Four said...

Congratulations on second place! That's wonderful!
BEAUTIFUL photos - thanks for sharing them!
Play bows,
Zim

The Dog Man said...

Great photos, Barbie. What I'd do to spend a day photographing Xsara, especially in your local scenery.

I'm getting my new camera tomorrow, so I'm going to be even more prolific than I usually am! We got some really sexy shots of Ellie over the weekend, or at least as sexy as my current 'about to die' camera will allow.

Keep 'em coming, and good luck with the IABC!

FleasGang said...

Those shots of you and Xsara are too cute. You guys really have some great adventures together. We're lucky to leave the house on the weekends!

The Fleas

sara said...

Kako lušne slikce, sploh tista, ko si dajeta lupčka:)

Clover said...

Congrats on your 2nd placing! Love the pictures in this post - it is so beautiful where you live! And my mom thinks Xsara is the cutest and prettiest beagle she has ever seen!
Love Clover xo

Gussie said...

Congrats on coming 2nd. Love the pic of the nose-kiss!
Gus n Jake

Patience-please said...

How can a clean run be a bad run??? And second place!!! You are to hard on yourself. Looks like Sunday was a great time.

i said...

Congrats Xsara! Good job! Love the pictures!

Kess And Her Mama said...

Hi Xsara, I was very happy to have found a fellow beagle who lives way on the other side of the world from me. Wonders of technology. You and your human look like you have great fun together!

Anonymous said...

A big congratulations from me ... well done coming in 2nd. Your soo good, i think i'll come over so you can teach me a thing or two.

The photos of you and Barby hiking are soo cute..
take care

lots of licks

xox

Xsara and Tani said...

Big thanks to everyone :)

Lizzy said...

Xsara, your weekend looks like it was a BLAST! Congratulations for getting second place!

It was your human's handling that wasn't so great, eh? I know how you must feel, 'cause I'm a pro at agility but my human gets lost as soon as she enters the ring! I think SHE should be the one taking agility lessons, not me! Hee hee.

Your little hiking trip looks like it was fun, too. Those are big rocks, I bet it was fun to climb and jump over them!

Sparky

Amber said...

Lovely photos, Xsara! Congrats on
2nd place!

Thor and Jack said...

Congrats on your 2nd place, Xsara!
Love your pictures!

Thor

Anonymous said...

Hi Xsara, i have a surprise for you on my site just click on award under recent post.
thank you for being a good friend to me.

xox

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Xsara you busy bee,
What a wonderful weekend you had. Congrats on your 2nd placing in the trial. Those pictures from your day of hiking are great. You and the scenery are both beautiful.
Lix
J and D

William Tell said...

Second place is nothing to sneeze at. You're amazing, Xsara! Love the photos and how you can look right at the camera in the midst of a jump. You're a natural at agility.

You have a beautiful country. The photos of the hike are awesome.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Kess And Her Mama said...

Hi Xsara, Can I include a link to your blog. I'm planning a post and would like to refer to you and your agility skills. Let me know. Cheers, Kess

Girasol said...

Always having a good time!!!
Congratulations on your 2nd place.

Anonymous said...

What awesome photos!! That walk looks like a wonderful place to explore!

Most importantly congrats on your 2nd placing :)

River