My princesses

My photo
Sava Sara Brakada, AKA Xsara was born on 06-27-2004. She was raised in Kennel Brakada spending the first two months of her life on beautiful countryside Gorenjska (Slovenia) with her siblings and parents. As soon as she came to Ljubljana we started a puppy class, followed by an obedience class. She passed her B-bh exam with 96 points (instructor Agility EO winner Polona Bonač). We now continue with Rally-Obedience under Polona's supervision. Our biggest passion however is Agility. We started our first Agility class in October 2005 (club Agility Ilirija, instructor Silvia Trkman, two times agility world champion). When Silvia stopped teaching agility classes, we switched to Daša Zakotnik. We regularly participate in Agility trials in Slovenia and sometimes abroad. Xsara also loves to learn new dog tricks, you can see some of them in our videos. Her other passions include long walks, big meals and playing with dogs, specially her pyr shep sister Tani, her crazy agility pals and her sister Sena.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Trial in Postojna - Video


I'm posting a video of our first run on Saturday. She was very slow, that's always the case when she's in heat. Also the carpets were really bad, it was hard to run on them. But we managed to get through this run without faults. The second run however ... also had many turns and it was just too difficult for us. As I said in the previous post, many other dogs had course problems as well: I checked out the results and apparently only 45 dogs qualified out of 180 competitors! I've never seen so few dogs qualify, it's kind of funny. Anyway - thanks to Petrca for the video!

10 comments:

Randi said...

Hi Xsara!

WOW! you are so fast! I wish I could learn agility..but I think I'm too big!

Its fun watching you though! I hope you will a ton of awards!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Amber-Mae said...

Xsara, I'm moody too when I'm on heat but I'm surprised that they still allowed you to participate becoz here in my country. they won't even allow any females who are in season to join a doggy event! Becoz they say we distract the males & make them aggressive & so on... You still did well in the video. Slow & steady is the best than being too fast becoz we tend to miss an obstacle becoz too excited.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Xsara,
Wow we think you did a great job!! You aren't afraid of anything! Dixie is afraid of the tunnel and the see-saw and I am not keen on walking up the A frame. You made it all look so easy. Well done.
Licks
Jazz

Urban Smoothie Read said...

u can actually take part in trials while on heat?

i'm sure that really affect ur mood...but seems like u got a clear run nonetheless

Xsara and Tani said...

Yes, in Europe we compete by FCI rules which are also valid for World Championships and females on heat CAN compete. The only exception is Italy because they use ENCI rules instead of FCI. In all the trials I've seen there were always females on heat and I've never seen males having problems with that. But while I wasn't working with her I kept her in her crate away from other dogs.

snoutbeagle said...

Hi Xsara and Barby,

I found your blog a few weeks ago while searching for beagle agility videos on You Tube. I've been a huge fan ever since!

My husband and I have two beagles, Diesel and Marvin. I've been taking agility classes with Marvin for a couple months now. We love it but I don't feel we're ready to compete yet. I love watching your videos because I learn from watching your handling techniques. Thank you for sharing!

You and Xsara have such a wonderful relationship. It's so obvious in all the tricks you do. Very inspiring!

Please stop by our blog and meet Diesel and Marvin! snoutbeagle.blogspot.com. We've had a lot of snow this month. Xsara is beautiful in her snow photo.

Take care!
SnoutBeagle

i said...

Wow Xsara, you've done a good job! I think you're pretty fast!

Johann The Dog said...

Your courses are so much more twisty, turny than ours over here; I feel for you! That was a tough course to handle.

Woofs, Johann

FleasGang said...

You guys did great! That seemed pretty fast to us :-) Keep up the good work.

Merry Christmas
Luv
The FleasGang

The Army of Four said...

Wow, Xsara! I loved watching you in action! You look amazing! Way to go! You're a winner in our book!
Play bows,
Zim